The nEXT400D is a hybrid bearing compound turbo pump available with either an ISO160 or a CF160 inlet flange and has a N2 pumping speed of 400ls-1. nEXT pumps combine our proven bearing technology (oil lubricated ceramic lower bearing with dry permanent magnetic upper bearing), an improved rotor design with a new molecular drag stage to deliver improved pumping speed and compression ratios, and true user serviceability. They feature 24V to 48Vd.c. sensor less motors with a built in drive that is fully compatible our range of TAG and TIC controllers. They are available pre-set for 80W or 160W maximum power, the former enabling use with our 100W TIC controllers are also recommended for pumping Argon, but with a longer ramp time to full operating speed.
A basic pump system would require an nEXT400D pump, a TAG or TIC controller, either an air or water cooling accessory and a suitable backing pump.
Features and Benefits
- State-of-the-art rotor design enhances performance to deliver exceptional pumping speeds and compression ratios
- Fully end user serviceable in minimum time without complex tooling or major disassembly...you can do it!
- Compact design with high performance for efficient systemisation
- Compatible with Edwards TIC turbo and instrument controllers meaning you can add up to 3 vacuum gauges without the need of an additional gauge controller
- RoHS compliant and CSA/UL approved
|Inlet flange||DN160ISO-K, DN160CF|
|N2||>1 × 1011|
|He||1 x 108|
|H2||5 x 105|
|Ultimate pressure with RV backing pump ISO/CF||<1 x 10-8 / <1 x 10-10 mbar|
|Recommended backing pump*||RV12/nXDS10i|
|Vent port||1/8 inch BSP female|
|Purge port||1/8 inch BSP female|
|Max continuous inlet flow (Nitrogen)†|
|Water cooling (water at 15°C, ambient temp at 40°C)||105 sccm|
|Forced air cooled, 35 °C ambient||90 sccm|
|Pump rotational speed|
|Nominal rotational speed||60000 rpm|
|Standby rotational speed||Variable from 33000 to 60000 rpm (42000 rpm default)|
|Programmable power limit settings||Variable from 50-200W (160W default)|
|Start time to 90% speed||180s‡|
|Analogue outputs||Pump rotational speed;
Power consumption; Pump temp; Controller temp
|Cooling method#||Forced air / water|
|Ambient air temp for forced air cooling||5 - 35°C|
|Min cooling water flow rate (water 15°C)||15 l h-1|
|Water temp range||10 - 20°C|
|Max inlet flange temp||70°C|
|Operating attitude||Vertical and upright, through to
Horizontal +/- 2°
|Noise level at 1 metre||<45 dB(A)|
|Max magnetic field pump can tolerate||5 mT|
|Recommended controller||TIC200 turbo and instrument controller|
|Quiescent electrical power||Typically 20 W|
* A smaller backing pump may be used depending on application. A suitable diaphragm pump with ultimate <5 mbar may also be used e.g. XDD1.
† Above this inlet pressure, rotational speed drops to below nominal.
‡ Power limit set to 160 W.
# Air and water cooling accessories must be ordered separately