The nEXT85 has arrived!
It’s small, it’s intelligent and performance will exceed your expectations.
The nEXT85 turbomolecular pump is latest addition to the Edwards product portfolio, and set to be a real winner across the R&D, High Energy Physics and Analytical Instrument sectors.
Small and Powerful
nEXT85 pump builds upon the success of the highly successful EXT75DX to deliver a pump with significantly improved performance, in a reduced footprint. In addition to enhanced performance the nEXT85 benefits from the same service and operational functionality as the larger nEXT, including field serviceability and in-built intelligence, for a truly class leading product.
The pump has been totally re-designed to optimise performance and achieve both greater speeds and higher compressions, while maintaining increased levels of reliability in a small package.
Design features and enhancements
- Lower profile pump – shorter and narrower – Small enough to be a direct replacement for EXT75DX and Competitor product
- Much improved pumping speed and compression ratios for both standard nEXT85D and high compression ratio nEXT85H
- Additional models in range
- Selectable position for backing port and (optional) interstage ports – Envelope interstage as standard product and body interstage as A&D variants
- Patented direct shaft temperature measurement technology giving wider operational window – Maximum Continuous Backing Pressure 16 mbar Water / Air cooled, Maximum Continuous Inlet flow 60 sccm Water / Air cooled
- Very low audible noise (max 34 dBA)
- Enhanced electrical interfaces and connectivity – Parallel, RS232, RS485, USB service port
- Additional accessories available including both n/o and n/c vent valves, heater bands, water cooling base plate etc.
- IP64 rated – exceeding the IP54 target and competition rating
- User serviceable oil cartridge and bearing, both of which have a 4 year service life
- More flexible design platform allowing for A&D variants - Split flow variants to be available