The Edwards range of in-line single acting cylinder, spring return pipeline valves are designed for high speed actuation from standard pneumatic lines, and are offered in sizes NW16, 25, 40 and 50. They are available with aluminium or stainless steel bodies with either O-ring (shaft seal, aluminium only) or bellows sealed.
The valves are designed for long life duties, with a MTTF of 5000000 cycles for both bellows and ‘O’ ring sealed versions providing long intervals between services.
Features and Benefits
- Improved lifetime, mean-time-to-failure now 5000000 cycles
- Electrical and visual indication of valve status
- Fast acting - 20 ms to close (PV16)
- Available in aluminum or stainless steel
- Choice of bellows or ‘O’ ring shaft sealing with aluminum bodies
- Bellows sealed valves 100% grease free vacuum
- Optional control valves available in a wide range of operating voltages
- Valve and microswitch bakeable to 100 °C
- The PVPK valves have been improved and now feature a mean-time-to-failure of 5000000 cycles for even longer life.
- The range of single acting cylinder, spring return pipeline valves is designed for high speed actuation from standard pneumatic lines, and are offered in sizes NW10, 16, 25, 40 and 50. The NW16, 25, 40 and 50 versions of the valve are available in both right-angle and in-line styles, to give you more options when you design your vacuum system.
|Valve actuation type||Single acting, pneumatically opened, spring closed|
|Pressure range||1 x 10-9 to 2100 mbar|
|8 x 10-10 to 1575 Torr|
|Maximum pressure differential|
|Opening||1000 mbar / 750 Torr|
|Closing||2100 mbar / 1575 Torr|
|Leak rate||< 1 x 10-9 mbar ls- 1|
|< 8 x 10-10 Torr ls- 1|
|Pneumatic connector||Rp 1/8 ( 1/8 inch BSP) *|
|2.8 to 4.2 bar / 41 to 61 psi|
|Electrical indicator||Single micro switch ‡|
|Micro switch electrical rating||24 V, 1.5 A a.c. or d.c.|
|Max cycle frequency||900 h-1|
|Bellows reliability, MTTF||5000000 cycles|
|Ambient operating temperature||5 - 100 °C|
|Maximum baking temperature||100 °C|
|IPVPKS||AISI304 stainless steel|
|Bellows||AISI316L stainless steel|
‡ Twin micro switch versions are available on request.
|Molecular conductance (ls-1)||2|
|Time to open (ms)*||60|
|Time to close (ms)*||20|
|Aluminium||310 / 10.9|
|Stainless Steel||520 / 18.2|