The Edwards Active Strain Gauge (ASG2) is a rugged, corrosion resistant diaphragm gauge which provides accurate, gas independent measurement from 2000 mbar to 1 mbar and 1000 mbar to 1 mbar. It can be used as a stand-alone transducer allowing OEMs and system builders to develop low cost, flexible solutions to their vacuum instrumentation needs. Alternatively, it can be connected to the TIC Instrument Controller where it can be combined with many other sensor types to provide a complete vacuum instrument solution.
Note: ASG adaptor cable supplied separately. This cable must be used with TIC, AGC, ADC & ADD.
Features and Benefits
- Drive electronics combined in the gauge head which simplifies system design and saves valuable rack space
- Wide range, regulated internal power supply which runs from standard d.c. power supplies of +12 to +32 V and is tolerant to voltage fluctuations
- Standard analogue output of 0 to 10 V d.c. which is easy to interface with a computer or PLC
- High accuracy and stability. Accuracy of ±0.2 full scale and stability 0.1% full scale
- Corrosion resistant, rugged design where the material exposed to vacuum is stainless steel 316 L & Hastelloy C276
- Enclosure rating IP65
- Pressure measurement is completely independent of gas type making this gauge ideal for applications where gases other than nitrogen are used
- Excellent high pressure resolution with ability to resolve 1 mbar changes in system pressure even at pressures near atmospheric which makes the gauge ideal for monitoring large, slow-pumping systems
- Part of the Active gauge range with standard supply requirements and output voltage allowing simple integration into systems using active Pirani, thermocouple, inverted magnetron, strain, wide range and ionization gauges. All of these are compatible with the TIC Instrument Controller, a multi-channel digital display and controller
- Active strain gauges are an excellent choice where accurate, gas independent, measurement of pressures around atmosphere are required, making them ideal for applications such as load locks.
- It can be used as a stand-alone transducer allowing OEMs and system builders to develop low cost, flexible solutions to their vacuum instrumentation needs. Alternatively, it can be connected to the TIC Instrument Controller where it can be combined with many other sensor types to provide a complete vacuum instrument solution.
|Full scale pressure range||1000 mbar, 2000 mbar|
|Accuracy||±0.2% full scale|
|Stability||±0.2% full scale|
|Temperature coefficient||±0.03% full scale per oC|
|Power supply||12 to 32 V d.c.|
|Power consumption||0.1 W|
|Operating||0 to 10 V d.c. linear|
|Output impedance||51 Ω ohms|
|Minimum load||>10Ω k ohms|
|Adjustments||Set full scale and set zero|
|Compensated||-10 to +50 oC|
|Operating||-40 to +80 oC|
|Materials exposed to vacuum||Stainless steel 316L, Hastelloy C276|
|Internal volume||2.78 cm3|
|Electrical connector||4 pin Din 43650 Form A|
|Vacuum fitting||1/8 Inch NPT, NW16|
|Electromagnetic compatibility||EN 61326 -2-J for Transducers|