A compact Active ion gauge with dual yttria coated iridium filaments, a wide measuring range from 6.6 x 10-2 to 6.6 x 10-10 mbar (5 x 10-2 to 5 x 10-10 Torr) and a 1 Volt/decade linear output.
The new AIGX gauge from Edwards incorporates all the benefits of the industry standard Active gauging concept, with integral electronics and replaceable tube. The gauge has a degas facility and includes features to protect and extend the life of the filaments.
The AIGX benefits from extremely low emissions of charged particles, which makes it an excellent choice for processes where background noise is undesirable.
Features and Benefits
- Full 8-decade measurement capability, to 6.6 x 10-10 mbar (5 x 10-10 Torr).
- Two versions available, each with three vacuum coupling variants:
‘D’ versions have a 9-pin ‘D’ connector and standard interface;
- Up to a thirty-fold reduction in charged particle process contamination compared to leading competitors.
- Automatic filament protection against switching on at atmosphere and running or degassing at high pressure.
- Gauge sensitivity remains constant over the whole measuring range, thus maintaining output accuracy at higher pressures.
- Continuous pressure measurement output during degas.
- Innovative design eliminates the effects of X-ray limits.
- Bi-color LED gives local indication of gauge status.
- Wide input voltage range.
- Electronics very easily removable for bakeout at up to 200 °C.
|Pressure range||6.6 x 10-2 to 6.6 x 10-10 mbar|
|(5 x 10-2 to 5 x 10-10 Torr)|
|Power supply||+14.5 to +30.0 V d.c.|
|Power consumption||Normal operation: 7W (Max),|
|Degas: 14W (Max)|
|Output signal||Linear, 1 Volt / decade|
|Response time||1.33 x 10-8 mbar|
|(>10-8 Torr) ˜ 100 ms|
|1.33 x 10-8 mbar|
|(<10-8 Torr) ˜ 1-2 s|
|Maximum voltage||30 V d.c.|
|Maximum current||100 mA max|
|Operating environment||Dry non conductive atmosphere|
|Operating temperature||0 to +40 °C|
|Storage temperature||-30 to +70 °C|