The Edwards HV8000 high vacuum mechanical booster has been developed to provide high reliability operation in aggressive environments.
With a nominal pumping speed of 7200 m3h-1 (4241 ft3 min-1) at 50Hz, it is ideal for large industrial and chemical applications including, steel degassing, metallurgy, coating, electron beam welding and the process engineering industries.
Features and Benefits
- Derived from the successful range of HV pressure blowers, the HV8000 is designed for arduous duty cycles and high power applications.
- Ideal for larger scale, harsh industrial and chemical applications, the HV8000 is available in Industrial, ATEX or Explosion Proof configurations.
- The HV8000 may be ordered as either bareshaft or with motor fitted. Variable frequency drives may be specified for greater versatility.
- The HV8000 is available in vertical or horizontal gas flow configuration.
- For long service life, the external shaft seal is water-cooled.
- Five bearing construction and large capacity helical gears make for a very robust construction.
- Suitable for use in explosive atmospheres
|Displacement (swept volume)|
|50Hz||7200 m3h-1 / 4241 ft3min-1|
|60Hz||8640 m3h-1 / 5089 ft3min-1|
|Max rotation speed|
|Max pressure differential|
|50Hz||190 mbar / 143 Torr|
|60Hz||120 mbar / 90 Torr|
|Ultimate (depends on backing set)|
|50Hz||1.5 x 10-4 mbar / 1 x 10-4 Torr|
|60Hz||2 x 10-4 mbar / 1.5 x 10-4 Torr|
|Electrical supply voltage|
|Standard motor power|
|50Hz||15 kW / 20 hp|
|60Hz||18.5 kW / 25 hp|
|Standard backing set speed requirements||2600 m3h-1 / 1530 ft3min-1|
|Recommended oil||Mobile SHC 629|
|Max oil capacity (vertical gas flow config)||8.3 litre / 2.18 US gal|
|Inlet/outlet connection||10” class 150 ASME B16.5|
|Inlet/outlet cooling water connection||Rp 1/2 ISO 7-1 (1/2 BSP)|
|End cover purge gas inlet||Rp 3/8 ISO 7-1 (3/8 BSP)|
|Max cooling water supply pressure||4 bar / 58 psi|
|Max cooling water supply temp||35°C / 95°F|
|Cooling water flow rate||15 l min-1 / 3.96 US gal min-1|
|Noise level||82 dB(A)|
|Weight (without motor)||580 kg / 1279 lb|
|Weight (with standard motor)||720 kg / 1587 lb|