A compact turbo controller with a large clear graphical display, an intuitive user interface and serial communications providing full remote control and data logging functions via a new Windows™ based PC program. The controller automatically recognizes and supports one 24 V turbomolecular pump from the EXT/nEXT range. Cooling and vent valve support is provided directly from the controller. Mains backing pumps (up to nXDS20i/RV12) may be controlled via an optional relay box. 2 different power variants are available, 100W or 200W which determines the ramp speed of the turbo pump. In addition 200W models have the ability to power a 24Vdc backing pump such as our XDD1 or nXDS through a 15-way D. Turbo and instrument models add the ability to control up to 3 of our range of Active gauges (excluding IGC & Barocels).
Features and Benefits
- TIC automatically recognizes and controls one 24 V turbomolecular pump from either the nEXT, DX or EXDC ranges. nEXT and DX turbos have full serial communication with TIC and may be both configured and report status via TIC.
- Both mains and 24 V backing pumps may be controlled by TIC. For larger vacuum systems the TIC may control mains backing pumps, up to and including nXDS10 and RV12, via the optional relay box.
- The optional external relay box enables mains backing pumps to be controlled and also provides interfaces for a turbo heater band, a backing line isolation valve and a logic bypass. See relay box section.
- In most instances, TIC systems may be simply and quickly configured using the range of standard cables on offer, there is therefore no need for the customer to prepare loom assemblies or relay boxes and special interfaces.
- TIC is packaged in a compact case and may be panel or rack (¼ 19inch rack 3U) or bench mounted. With the addition of the bezel it becomes an attractive bench-top instrument. The large 128 x 64 pixel backlit graphics LCD and mobile phone style menu system simplifies programming and with a choice of summary screens excellent visibility of displayed parameters is assured.
- TIC will operate from mains supplies with voltages between 90 and 264 V ac, and frequencies between 47 and 63 Hz. No user intervention being required.
- To enable complete integration into PC and PLC controlled processes, all TIC variants include RS232 and RS485 interfaces as standard. TIC is supplied with a new Windows™ PC program which enables full setup and control from a PC, using the RS232 interface.
- As new compatible products are released, TIC software may be simply upgraded using the special utility supplied with the Windows™ PC program. TIC software upgrades will be made available via e-mail and the Internet.
|Pump / TIC power||100W / 200W|
|EXT75DX||Fast / Fast|
|nEXT 80W||Slow / Slow|
|nEXT 160W||Slow / Fast|
|Electrical supply||90 to 264 V a.c. 47 to 63 Hz|
|Power consumption (max)||215 VA|
|Peak inrush current||10.3 A @ 110 V a.c. / 23.0 A @ 230 V a.c.|
|Air cooling fan||24 V d.c. 3 W max, ACX70, ACX75 & ACX250H|
|Vent valve||24 V d.c. 2 W max, TAV5 & TAV6|
|Electronics housing||110 mm high x 105 mm wide x 245 mm deep|
|Front panel||106 mm wide x 128 mm high|
|Operating temp||+0 ° to +40 °C|
|Storage temp||-30 ° to +70 °C|
|Max ambient operating humidity||90% RH non-condensing at 40 °C|
|Max operating altitude||3000 m|
|Electronic Design||EN 61010-1|
|Electromagnetic Compatibility||EN 61326 Industrial Location, Class B Emissions|