The EXT75DX is a hybrid bearing compound turbo pump that combines the proven technology of a ceramic mechanical lower bearing, a dry permanent magnetic upper bearing and Holweck drag stage with the added convenience of an on-board 24V controller allowing parallel and serial communication compatible with our TAG and TIC controllers. It is available with either aDN40NW, ISO63, DN63CF or an ISO100 inlet flange with an N2pumping speed of up to 66ls-1. A basic pump system would require an EXT75DX pump, a TAG or TIC controller, either an air or water cooling accessory and a suitable backing pump.
Features and Benefits
- Compatible with TIC turbo and instrument controller
- Multiple communication modes available including parallel mode, which allows traditional control signal interface and serial mode, which allows RS232 interface
- Numerous user configurable parameters via RS232 interface including vent valve control settings, normal speed indication, stand-by running speed, programmable power settings, power consumption and pump temperature.
- Enhanced monitoring capability including pump speed, power and temperature.
|Inlet flange||DN63ISO-K, DN63CF, DN40NW or DN100ISO-K|
|N2 ISO63/63CF (DN40NW)(ISO100)||61 ls-1 (42 ls-1) (66 ls-1)|
|He ISO63/63CF (DN40NW)(ISO100)||57 ls-1 (49 ls-1) (59 ls-1)|
|H2 ISO63/63CF (DN40NW)(ISO100)||53 ls-1 (48 ls-1) (54 ls-1)|
|N2||>1 × 1011|
|He||1 x 106|
|H2||5 x 104|
|Ultimate Pressure (mbar)|
|With RV backing pump ISO/CF||<5 x 10-9 / 5 x 10-10|
|With diaphragm backing pump ISO/CF||<5 x 10-8 / 5 x 10-9|
|Recommended backing pump*||RV5/nXDS6i|
|Vent port||1/8 inch BSP|
|Purge port||1/8 inch BSP|
|Max continuous inlet pressure (light gas pumping)†|
|Water cooling (water at 15 °C, ambient temp at 40 °C)||2 × 10-2 mbar|
|Forced air cooled, 35 °C ambient||1 × 10-2 mbar|
|Pump rotational speed|
|Nominal rotational speed||90000 rpm|
|Standby rotational speed||Variable from 49500 to 90000 rpm
(63000 rpm default)
|Programmable power limit settings||Variable from 50-120W (80W default)|
|Start time to 90% speed||110 s ‡|
|Analogue outputs||Rotational speed;
Power consumption; Pump temp; Controller temp
|Cooling method#||Forced air / water|
|Ambient air temperature for forced air cooling||5 - 35 °C|
|Min cooling water flow rate (water 15 °C)||15 l h-1|
|Water temp range||10 - 20 °C|
|Max inlet flange temp||100 °C|
|Operating attitude||Vertical and upright, through to
|Noise level at 1 metre||<50 dB(A)|
|Max magnetic field pump can tolerate||5 mT|
|Recommended controller||TIC100 turbo and instrument controller|
|Quiescent electrical power||10 W|
* A smaller backing pump may be used depending on application. A suitable diaphragm pump with ultimate <5 mbar may also be used e.g. XDD1.
† Above this inlet pressure, rotational speed drops to below nominal.
‡ Power limit set to 80 W.
# Air and water cooling accessories must be ordered separately